Pages

Sunday 12 February 2012

Cupcakes, kitten's and coolness



Hello and welcome to myblant.   


So this is my first post, the truth is I’ve been meaning to start this blog for ages - years and years in fact. But I'm a very busy lady you see and have been distracted with stuff like LIFE HAPPENING! 


You know busy with not calling my Mother back, having relationships, falling out with friends, working hard and not being recognised for it.......

......Travelling, having periods, eating a lot, drinking a lot, laughing a lot. Meaning to but not actually running a Marathon, meaning to but not actually learning a language..... meaning to but not actually volunteering at a soup kitchen on Christmas day, that type of thing.


Luckily for you though I have been jotting down notes for years, that I have of course been meaning to but not actually got around to posting. 


However, I've finally pulled my finger out and set up a pesky blog, whoop tick off the bucket list for me. I refer to it as myblant because I intend to do a lot of ranting on my blog, it's best you know what your getting into.  As such the merging of the words blog and rant with myblant seemed quite fitting.


So, what's myblant about?...


All I can say is it's likely to be about all sorts of interesting or dull things that often swish around my schizophrenic brain. 



It won't be cutesy


There's a place for kittens and cupcakes and this is not it

I can get as excited about a Joe Malone scented candle as the next woman. However, if you are expecting cringe inducing saccharine posts then this blog is probably not for you. No pictures of kittens or cupcakes will be cooed over ladies (well that may not be true either as I like both Kittens and cupcakes but I'll promise to keep it to an absolute minimum).


I certainly won't be, as they say on cuteoverload
“Scouring the internet to offer an overwhelming amount of cuteness to fill your daily visual allowance. Drink it in, People!”. 


On the contrary the only things I will offering you is my own ramblings and the only thing I will suggest you 'Drink in, People!', will be wine.



It won't be cool


Above: The impossibly  beautiful oh so cool Fashionsquad


Likewise - if you are expecting one of those cool blogs where I post instagram pictures of urban scenes and my beautiful friends lounging around supping endless soya lattes, then it's probably not for you either...*sigh* 


There's a waft of jealousy and a tad of bitterness about that as I did want my blog to be cool. 


Alas I had one huge barrier in achieving that goal... the fact that I am not cool! It's OK - I've got to the age and level of self honesty whereby I realise and accept this as a FACT. 


Don't get me wrong I know what cool is, I recognise cool when I see cool, usually as it glares at me in the street due to having my skirt tucked in my knickers. So I know what being cool is, I know what the face of cool looks like and it doesn't look anything like my face. 


I think I was cool once, years ago, for about ten minutes but it was honestly exhausting taking oneself so seriously all the time and never being able to get excited about a free pen or a 20% off voucher. So now I'm mostly uncool and embracing it wholeheartedly you'll be pleased to know.

Anyway, I just wanted to make clear that instead of being cute, uber cool or even attempting to, I will just write and rant about everyday things that genuinely interest and/or tick me off. 

The subject matter will vary broadly, either being hugely profound or mind numbingly trivial depending on the day I'm having. 


Expect modern feminism one day and a debate on benefit of stiletto over kitten heels the next, that's just what's going on in my head I'm afraid. 

Another thing is, I'd really like you to get involved and leave comments. 

So without further a-do I really should pop off and actually write some shizz for you people to read! I very much hope you enjoy myblant, till next time



No comments:

Post a Comment